Local Search Engine Optimization is a part of SEO strategy that aims to divert local traffic to your website. The yellow pages have dominated local in the past, but search engines are constantly biting off their market share. As an internet marketing tool, local search optimization is widely in use to attract local customer.
This type of local search engine optimization services makes search more specific, thereby increasing local traffic to your website. It also helps your website to achieve a higher Page Rank in local and language specific search engines.
Ways to improve Local Search Visibility:
1) Submitting business in local directories.
2) Submitting press release in local directories.
3) Google Places SEO with on-page optimization and submission to Yahoo, Bing and targeted local directories.
4) Extensive local keyword research to identify target phrases and evaluate existing ones.
5) Including contact information within a tag to be displayed on an important page on your website.
6) Setting your geographic location in Google’s webmaster tools.
The key thing to remember is that there are variety of online sites from which users are obtaining local information. But, you should be findable in any local sites where users may look info about your business.
Local search campaign generates appropriate results and helps visitors to actually locate your business, but owners can take steps to ensure that what gets listed is a good representation of the company. This brings more traffic from local search engines and major search engines.