Optimisation of YouTube Videos
Youtube is the second most used search engine in the world, people can choose from various categories. Listening and watching videos which are both entertaining and educative in nature. YouTube is an interactive medium, so this feature needs to be used to its maximum. Companies across the globe use this, but at times it is hard, we would suggest you to outsource this part, to an online project management company.
Do you want a YouTube video with this many hits?
Those of you have uploaded a video through YouTube, would have observed that there are text boxes where you can add the description of the video and the tag/ keywords. Entering this data is vital, many individuals who upload videos on YouTube by leaving this area blank users cannot find you video.
There are basically seven areas that needs to be kept in mind while optimising YouTube videos-
- Accurate Keywords: What are the words that best describe your video, what makes it stand out from all the other videos on YouTube? Depending on the kind of video relevant keywords need to be added. Take example a news bulletin- You need to specify the location. Who or what has been affected? The reason why they have been affected? Specific words needs to be given example- flooding, India, heavy rains, health issues. Specific words such as these needs to be targeted. Keywords in general helps in search engine optimisation.
- Catchy titles are a must: You need to have a title that attracts attention. Let us take the example of a news broadcast titles such as Breaking News, Hot News. Keywords such as these are used to attract attention.
- Video descriptions are a must; the user may want to know what the video is before actually playing it. The description needs to be concise and not reveal a lot of information related to the video.
- Tag words are equally important, these are the words associated to keywords. Only 120 characters can be added here so make the most out of it
- Creating a playlists helps, so that after having watched a video on your feed, they can move to the next one.
- When a video has a lot of verbal content, it is better to provide the transcript so that individuals can understand if they weren’t able to hear it clearly.
- Annotations are useful when you want to drive traffic to another site or location, keep in mind that you should keep these only for a short duration.
Do you need help in optimising YouTube videos? Optimisation of your website in general? Do get back to us.