Have you been noticing certain changes in your website’s search engine rankings? If so, then you need to take special attention to such changes and keep in mind that there is a valid reason for such changes. Google has recently launched its new algorithm update called Google Medic and it is certainly going to influence numerous websites at the same time. While the initial phases of this update were first launched on July 22nd of this year, the remaining updates were rolled around the beginning of August. Experts have already described it as one of the most important updates that have been launched by Google for some time. So let’s learn more about the Google Medic update and understand how it can affect various websites.
One of the major reasons for which this update is called Google Medic is that it largely affects websites that are associated with health, fitness, medical research, medical science and news, healthy lifestyle, medicine and other related fields. Some of the other websites that have been hit hard by this update have been described below.
- Pages that ask for personal information, like bank account numbers, personal identification numbers and drivers license numbers that can be easily used by goons for identity theft.
- Web pages that are used for carrying out monetary transactions and in which the users may provide their bank account or credit account information; these pages typically include ecommerce and shopping portals.
- Pages that offer guidance or advice on various life decisions, like purchasing a home, parenting, buying a vehicle and other important matters.
- Pages that offer advice on important life issues that can influence your future finances and happiness, such as pages that give financial or legal advice.
If you find that your website has been affected by the Google Medic update, it is important that you follow the guidelines presented below to improve your rankings.
- Firstly, make sure that you get rid of all kinds of technical issues with your web pages. Web pages that have multiple technical errors are regarded as low quality pages.
- Make sure that your website has the best quality design. You can also go for a complete website design renovation as that is known to improve ranking.
- Work on the content of your website to see that it is line with the expectations of your target audience.
Improve the links which direct to your website pages.