Technical SEO audit checklist 2017
A technical SEO Audit is a great way to perform a detailed researches on the website which is going on a search engine. It’s a secure way to optimize website on search engines (e.g. Google/Bing) without making technical difficulties for the search engine to crawl and index the website.
A Technical SEO Audit checklist 2017 are designed to improve the visibility of site in organic search results (e.g. Google/Bing).
Technical SEO Audit should include the following checklist:
- WWW and Non-WWW URL’s: Ensure that the website can only be resolved by either using the www or non-www version of the URL – not both! A 301 redirect should occur from the non-preferred version to the correct version.
- HTTP/HTTPS URL’s: Make sure that the website should be resolved by HTTP or HTTPS version of the URL – not both! A 301 redirect should occur from the non-preferred version to the correct version. It is important that you have SSL enabled on your website and use the HTTPS protocol over the HTTP protocol. This is a ranking factor.
- Lowercase / Uppercase URLs: Ensure that all the URLs are forced to render a lower case version by implementing a 301 redirect from uppercase to lower-case.
- Canonical Tag Configuration: Canonical tag implementation on the https version of the home page. It helps to eliminate duplicate content issue and make website more Google friendly.
- Dofollow & Nofollow Links: Dofollow links allow google to follow them and our website and giving us link juice and a backlink. Nofollow links are vice versa. So, a general guideline is to make all external links ‘nofollow’ whilst all internal links can remain ‘follow’. Note that by not mentioning the rel attribute in the link, it will by default be considered as ‘follow’.
- Page Speed Optimization: Page speed and page load time are same. The time takes to display the content on a specific page although it help to improve user interface. Aim to load the page under 2secs as much possible.
- Open Graph Implementation: Ensure that all the pages should implement open graph to become a rich object in a social graph. It provides enough information to richly represent any web page within the social graph.
- txt: Ensure that the website utilizes a robots.txt file. It’s very essential to notify search engine not to crawl or index particular web page by using robots.txt file. It is important to mention the link to the XML sitemap in the robots.txt.
- Meta Title Tag: Ensure that each URL have unique Meta Title Tags in relevance to the content on the respective URL. The optimal Meta title length be 50-60 characters.
- Meta Description Tag: Ensure all meta description tags across the sites are unique from every other page title. The optimal meta description length be 160 characters.
- Broken Links: Ensure that the broken links are redirecting to 302 redirects or any status code beginning with a 4 or 5 (e.g. 404, 403, 501, etc.).
- URL Structure: Website URLs should be logical, consistent, in-line with the site structure & hierarchy, and relate to the page content. Use hyphens instead of underscores for word separators.
- Breadcrumb Navigation: Ensure that breadcrumb navigation is implemented for all pages on the site (except the homepage). It’s displayed to the user, so they can easily see exactly where that Web page is located within the Web site.
- Rich Snippets/Structured Data: Where possible and applicable, implement structured data as feasible. This can also be implemented via GTM [Google Tag Manager].
- XML Sitemap: Ensure that the website utilises a XML sitemap and contains entries for all canonical URLs of the website.
- Duplicate Content: Ensure that the website content of the each and every page is unique.
- H1 Tag: Ensure that the H1 tags of the pages are optimized towards the mapped keywords of the given pages and also only one H1 tag resides on each page and should be unique.
- ALT Attributes: Ensure that all images contain ALT attributes that are descriptive of the image. It applied to image tags to provide an alternative text for search engine.
- AMP Implementation: It’s a very accessible framework for creating fast-loading mobile web pages.
The above technical SEO audit tips will help to optimize the website on search engine.
It’s verified that the site perform technical SEO audit will rank better than those who doesn’t perform seo audit.FacebookTwitterEmailShare