Tips for Building a Better Website
Many website owners think that their website needs a change with a whole new layout. In some cases that might be true but from my experience some correction, addition and subtraction can make the website work and improve the flow. Here are some of the tips which are useful in improvising your website :-
- Simplify your menu – Do you have 18 items under one heading in your navigation bar? If yes then you should reconsider your design template. A clean and tidy navigation bar make things easier to find and understand the items. When site visitors find items in the right place then they won’t hesitate to press buttons for other information in the site.
- Call to action button on every page – When a site visitor sees a webpage, they have the curiosity of finding of what the site is about. Here comes the role for call to action button. It can be anything like a simple video, some credentials or even a hyperlink. Remember no one wants to think when they are browsing your site.
- Add an about us page – Every client wants to know to whom they are talking to and with whom they are working with. Who are you or how big the team is? Real photos of the team with their profiles and a brief about their interests and hobbies etc . gives them some ideas about your company and shows that you are a REAL HUMAN BEING.
- Mobile Friendly – Today is the era for mobiles. Every week a new mobile is coming up in the market and everyday people are buying mobiles which are better and smarter. So, new customers are likely to come up through mobile browsing. Optimise your site into a mobile friendly site.
- Remove Distractions – Is there a music playing or a splash page which blocks the visitors from getting to what they need? Remove it all. People find these things annoying and distracts them from doing what you want them to do.
- Social with your customers – Seems everyone is on social media networks, include social media icons which can be linked to social media pages e.g. Facebook page or twitter page. This helps the customer to be informative and get in touch with your company.
- Add Testimonials – By having testimonials from your current customers which are highly valued for your company gives a boost to the new customers and doesn’t hesitate contacting to your company.
- Use bold and big images – Nowadays its becoming a big trend using big bold images. It is because images and pictures speak louder than words. Use images which can improve understanding between customer and company.
- Infographics – Use of infographics make people to see the pipeline of a system interesting, easy to understand and appealing. Infographics can be anything like bar charts with good use of colours, pie charts for surveying, vectors etc. These make people to understand more about your process of how your company works visually.
If you need help with designing and any Website Management Services for your website do get in touch, we have a creative team that can help you design one.FacebookTwitterEmailShare